A generous dollop of lemon curd; my favourite addition for jazzing up a simple ‘weight of 2 eggs’ cake recipe (double dollops for this 4 egg version). It seems baking has become a bi-annual affair having not greased my tins since E’s birthday in January. This ring cake headed off to E’s playgroup fete and proved quite popular I hear.
What’s not to love about a ton of sprinkles on a cake?
Baking buddy E’s cup cake versions!
Top Posts & Pages
- painted tyre garden planters
- making Delia Smith's one pot Basque Chicken
- slow cooked green tomato and rhubarb chutney
- making Pam Corbin's River Cottage preserves spring rhubarb relish
- making sloe gin (with foraged Forest of Dean sloes)
- making Pam Corbin's River Cottage Preserves apple jellies
- growing old
- sloe picking in the Forest of Dean
- 10 seed potatoes you'll want to grow (Andy McQueen's top picks)
- making Pam Corbin's River Cottage Preserves saucy haw ketchup
- 5 ways with ...
- A-Z challenge
- artists at work
- best friend brothers
- childhood unplugged
- gardening with kids
- gluten free
- in pictures
- Kindness Elves
- Mothers Day
- National Trust
- natural beauty
- remembering Mum
- self care
- special occasions
- sugar free
Join us on Instagram