E had a very important date this week – with Nicci our hairdresser for his first trim. 11 days shy of his third birthday E’s bed hair was becoming quite the source of amusement in the morning as he pulled faces at his ‘crazy hair’ reflection. As reluctant as I was to get it cut it was time to tame it.
Our usual hair taming efforts amount to a quick pat of the head with wet hands. For a boy who doesn’t even like having his hair being combed E did brilliantly. Turns out a cuddle on my lap with his lion and someone else combing his hair was all it took. Just another example of E exceeding our expectations in his typically cheery way.
The promise of reaching into the enormous sweet jar on the counter after his trim was quite a draw too! E was on his third sweet by the the time we left having been delightful company through a trio of haircuts – what a star!
Top Posts & Pages
- making Delia Smith's one pot Basque Chicken
- painted tyre garden planters
- making oat and onion roast
- pickling runner beans (inspired by Pam Corbin's River Cottage Preserves piccalilli)
- making Delia's spiced damson chutney
- making Nigel Slater's Festive Chocolate Flapjacks
- making runner bean chutney
- a little splash of sunshine with Carotino cooking oil (a review)
- 'Ministry of Food' exhibition part 3: thrifty wartime ways to feed your family
- five ways with... a ton of damsons
- 5 ways with ...
- A-Z challenge
- artists at work
- best friend brothers
- childhood unplugged
- gardening with kids
- gluten free
- in pictures
- Kindness Elves
- Mothers Day
- National Trust
- natural beauty
- remembering Mum
- self care
- special occasions
- sugar free
Follow family life on Instagram