A recent re-jig of my kitchen cupboards revealed several dusty jars of herbal teas. I once had a tea strainer but that was snaffled by E long ago and my teapot came to a shattering end on my kitchen floor courtesy of a swishing cat tail! How glad I was when my friends at OXO offered me an Easter present to resolve my herbal tea drinking woes (and how forgiving of my tardy reviewing style they continue to be).
I can’t believe how much I’ve spent on teabags over the years when I could have been supping from this collection of Tulsi tea and orange, Roobos with cocoa, authentic Jasmine tea from G’s trip to China or calming Lemon balm with rose.
The result is a little dusty but for the depth of flavour and the greater natural properties of having whole dried fruit leaf it’s worth it.
To transform your brewing experience tea balls are available from the OXO website. The twisting feature makes filling with a large amount loose leaf tea a breeze. The long, stainless steel neck accommodates most cups and mugs and could also be used for herbs and spices in recipes. Soft, comfortable, non-slip grip. Dishwasher safe and BPA free. What more could you want?Disclosure: I was sent this tea ball to review. I was not obliged to write a positive review and all opinions expressed are my own.
Top Posts & Pages
- making Delia Smith's one pot Basque Chicken
- making Delia's spiced damson chutney
- making sweet pickled crab apples
- five ways with... a ton of damsons
- pickling runner beans (inspired by Pam Corbin's River Cottage Preserves piccalilli)
- making Pam Corbin's River Cottage Preserves redcurrant jelly
- painted tyre garden planters
- making Pam Corbin's River Cottage Preserves Hedgerow Jelly
- making runner bean chutney
- making marrow cream (that tastes like lemon curd)
- 5 ways with ...
- A-Z challenge
- artists at work
- best friend brothers
- childhood unplugged
- gardening with kids
- gluten free
- in pictures
- Kindness Elves
- Mothers Day
- National Trust
- natural beauty
- remembering Mum
- self care
- special occasions
- sugar free
Follow family life on Instagram