Yesterday I spent the afternoon making up my clothkits dress. I was thankful for a rainy day so that my thoughts didn’t drift to things I should be doing at the allotment. After a few teething problems setting up the machine the end result was very pleasing and received high praise from George. ‘Wow, it’s perfect’ he said and of course I had to confess to a wonky buttonhole and straps of different widths.
prep time – 2.5 hours!
playing with the self-timer on the camera for the first time, cutting/ironing/pinning pieces, setting up the machine, phoning mum for advice as to why the bobbin wasn’t threading, experimenting with all 21 stitch settings and practicing the scary task of buttonholing.
sewing up time – 2.5 hours
pinning, stitching, hemming, buttonholing, adding buttons and labels
helpers – 4
1. Billy’s tireless companionship all afternoon which made sitting on my lap, playing with pins and malting fluff onto every surface entirely forgiveable
2. mum’s offer to come over and help if I couldn’t conquer the blasted bobbin
3. gardener’s world on Radio 4 so I didn’t miss the allotment too much :o)
4. chocolate coated summer fruits and cups of tea